Support from PeabodyFri 17 Apr 2020
Firstly - Local Volunteers Needed!
Royal Borough of Greenwich need more local volunteers to meet the demand of supporting at risk and vulnerable residents in response to Covid 19 in Thamesmead.
Please see flyer attached to see volunteering tasks you can get involved in and how to register. You can choose the tasks you’d be prepared to do and state when you would be available to help (so you won’t be expected to always be on call). Visit https://vcgreenwich.org.uk/covid-19-support-volunteers/ to register.
Secondly, Self-isolating or in need of help in response to Covid-19?
- If you are self-isolating, feeling lonely or anxious, or are in need of help with getting groceries, collecting your prescriptions or dog walking, please contact the Live Well Connect Line, set up by Royal Borough of Greenwich, on 0800 470 4831. Please see flyer attached for further details.
- If you are a Peabody resident or you are concerned about a Peabody resident, visit you can complete a form requesting support by clicking this link.
- Positive Steps Thamesmead can also offer telephone advice and information on a range of issues including housing, benefits and immigration. Tel: 07815 734080
Peabody, the Moorings Neighbourhood Forum, Charlton Athletic Community Trust are all joining forces with Royal Borough of Greenwich to ensure those in need are matched with local volunteers and that we are all working together.
Thirdly… things to do at home!
Sadly our Easter Holiday programmes aren’t running this Easter, but we have started putting together a ‘things to do at home’ section on the Thamesmead Portal which will be updated over the upcoming weeks. This covers the following:
- Fun indoor activities you can do with your children
- Home school guidance
- Maintaining your child’s health and wellbeing
- Connecting with your community
- Health and wellbeing for adults
- Self-development and entertainment
- Activities for teenagers
- And online support for teenagers
Finally…. Jobs, Business & Enterprise Support!
Employment Opportunities - Supermarkets
You may have heard that many major supermarket chains including Morrisons, Sainsburys, Tescos, Aldi, Asda, Lidl and the Co-op have all started recruitment campaigns to fill extra vacancies. Roles range from in-store customer service and delivery drivers through to finance and supervisory positions.
How to apply
A few supermarkets are encouraging people to approach local stores directly with their CV and their proof of right to work in the UK, however most would prefer applications online
Free employment advice
If you would like help on how to complete online applications, write a CV or tips on interview preparation, our team can help.
Peabody’s Employment and Training team are still offering free expert advice either over the phone or online. To get in touch, email: Ian Diggens onIan.Diggens@peabody.org.uk or Kim Kukosama onKim.Kukosama@peabody.org.uk
Peabody’s Economic Inclusion Team have also been compiling information in relation to the Business Support available here too
If you feel any of these will be of help, please do take a look and share with your family and friends.